With a classic aluminium design available in black, blue or red the PowerShot SX200 IS packs a lot into a compact body, making it the perfect camera for the keen traveller. A powerful 12x zoom lens, beginning at a wide 28mm, tackles landscape shots or distant subjects with equal effectiveness. Canon’s 4-stop optical Image Stabilizer technology combats the blur caused by camera shake – even at the telephoto end of the zoom range and in low-light situations.
The SX200′s feature set includes Smart Auto and Enhanced Easy modes. Both of these modes analyse the scene checking for subject brightness, contrast, distance and overall hue and selects the optimum settings for a good generic shot. If you want to be more creative simply switch to full Manual mode.
- Compact, 12x optical zoom starting at wide-angle 28mm
- 4-stop optical Image Stabilizer lens
- 12.1 Megapixels
- DIGIC 4 for ultra-fast response, superb image quality and intelligent technologies
- Smart Auto mode with Scene Detection Technology
- Combats blur with IS, Motion Detection Technology and Servo AF
- People shots made easy with Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB and Face Select & Track, plus Face
- Self-Timer and Auto Red-Eye Correction
- 3.0”, high resolution LCD
- High Definition (720p) movie with HDMI connection
- Shooting modes include Manual control and Easy mode
- New, easy-to-use User Interface with hints and tips
- Classic aluminium design available in black, blue and red
The PowerShot SX200 IS will be available from March 2009 priced at around $450.50