Clearly targeted at sports enthusiasts, particularly snowboarders, snorkelers and mountaineers, the D10 can be dropped, thrown and even used in underwater — and it still works!
The D10 is waterproof to 10m so is usable for shallow diving and can withstand impact with hard surfaces from up to 1.22m. Its dust-proof and will continue to function at temperatures as low as -10°C.
The sensor boasts a resolution of 12.1 megapixels and a 3x zoom lens allows easy cropping. The built-in stabilizer keeps the image steady on maximum zoom.
Along with the other cameras on show the D10 features numerous software technologies that make taking decent snaps easy including:
- Smart Auto mode
- Scene Detection Technology
- Motion Detection Technology
- Face Detection Technology
- Blink Detection,
Other key features include:
- Waterproof (to 10m), shockproof (1.22m), freeze-proof (-10°C), dust-proof digital camera
- 12.1 Megapixels
- 3.0x optical zoom with optical Image Stabilizer
- Smart Auto mode with Scene Detection Technology
- DIGIC 4 for ultra-fast response, superb image quality and intelligent
- Exceptionally bright 2.5” PureColor LCD II with 2mm protective shield
- Combats blur with IS and Motion Detection Technology
- People shots made easy with Face Detection Technology, Face Select & Track and Blink Detection
- Optional accessory system includes Shoulder & Neck Strap Set and Carabiner Strap plus Front Cover
- Range of shooting modes and Special Scene modes
- 30fps VGA movies
The PowerShot D10 will be available from end of April 2009 priced at $479.00.