The Global Caché Home Network Adapter is just what you need if you want to manage household devices over an Ethernet network. It uses two serial ports, three relays and six independant IR outputs to control IR, relay and serial devices such as TVs, motorized blinds, security systems etc. Up to six expansion modules can be added to customize the adapter’s functionality.
Global Caché says:
Unfortunately, most household devices such as TVs and stereos, and security systems can’t communicate over networks. Top-to-bottom proprietary systems can control household devices, but are extremely expensive and require specialized dealer training for installation. Recently, more affordable home control and automation software, based on open systems and standards has become available.
Even with the latest-generation home control software, you still needed to use a hodge-podge of adapters and devices, which can be not only expensive, but also complex. But this Home Network Adapter replaces those various solutions with one easy-to-use, cost-effective product.
The basic functions are as follows:
- Connects IR devices, serial devices and relay switches to an Ethernet network
- Send commands over Cat. 5 instead of dedicated cable runs or powerline systems
- Enables the use of PC-based software to automate diverse devices throughout the home, such as TVs, stereos, security systems, etc.
- Great for homes with existing runs of Cat. 5 or a wireless network (requires a wireless access point)
- Includes rack mount kit for easy installation into standard rack system
- Global Caché Home Network Adapter with rack mount kit installed
- 12 to 15V DC@500mA Power Supply
- Manufacturer: Global Caché
- Manufacturer Product No.: GC-100-18
- Network connection: RJ-45, 10 Base-T
- Serial Connections: 2
- IR Outputs: 6
- Relays: 3
- Expansion Module Support: 6
- Network protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP
- Management interface: Embedded web server
- Dimensions: 17.5″ L x 3.0″ D x 1.3″ H
- Power Requirements: 12 to 15V DC@500mA (power adapter included)
- Warranty: One year limited
This model includes:
- Power input: 12 to 15V DC@500mA (wall power adapter included)
- IR: 3.5mm mono jack, independent user selectable IR outputs or sensor inputs
- Serial: Male DB9, RS232 up to 19.2Kbaud bi-directional hardware flow control
- Relay: Screw terminal plug, 24V AC/DC@.5A N.O. contact with transient voltage suppression (Not included on #8114, but available as a future expansion module)
- LEDs: Link, network activity, power, IR, and sensor activity
The Global Caché Home Network Adapter retails for $369.99.